One of the most stressful things about traveling is knowing what and how to pack.
These travel packing tips will help to ease your anxiety, and ensure a more seamless trip!
1. Carry a small notebook. Keep your confirmation numbers, names, addresses
and telephones numbers of people or places you’ll be visiting.
2. Write down confirmation numbers whenever you make reservations. If one isn’t
3. Leave a detailed itinerary of your trip with someone at home in case of
emergency. Leave a trusted friend or relative the key to your home or apartment
as a well as an envelope containing the credit card number and toll-free numbers
for your credit cards. In case they are lost or stolen have the friend cancel them
4. Use accessories such as scarves and belts to enhance the limited number of
outfits you pack.
5. Check the weather (www.weather.com) forecast for your destination before you
leave to make sure you’re packing the right clothes for your destination.
6. Lighten your load by creating mix-and-match outfits using one or two colors.
7. Pack a small canvas or nylon back inside of your luggage. These come in handy
for souvenirs on the return trip home.
8. Remove all old luggage tags and make sure name identification tags are on your
entire luggage. Be sure to put your name and office telephone number on the
inside of luggage as well, just in case it gets lost and the outside tags are ripped
9. Always carry a bottle of water, a pack of snack crackers or fruit. Many airlines do
not serve food and even if yours does, sometime unexpected turbulence or
airport delays may prevent meals from being served.
10. Carry a book, crossword puzzle, audio book, or note cards. These go a long way
while sitting in airport terminals.
Pathfinders Magazine is the leading leisure travel publication for black travel enthusiast. Our readers are active, savvy and affluent consumers who make leisure travel a part of their regular budgets. They use the magazine as a resource when planning weekend getaways, reunions, domestic and international travel. We are also a guide for African American interests,wineries, historical and educational trips, packing, weather prep and fashion. Enjoy these travel packing tips for a pleasant trip!
Subscribe, travel magazine, fashion, publication, national, african american, global, traveling while black
The article was originally published at Source link