PHILADELPHIA, the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, welcomes the Democratic National Convention. The city has become a major restaurant destination, where you can find chefs rivaling those of its near neighbors, New York City or Washington, D.C. Take a ride along Boat House Row, swing to jazz at the Clef Club or, on a more serious note, pay a visit to the one-of-a-kind Lest We Forget Slavery Museum. Here is our list of memorable places to take a selfie.
- Love Park, the permanent site of the iconic Love statue, is under construction. But you can find the LOVE statue across the city in front of City Hall.
- Penn’s Landing beside one of the ships anchored there.
- Belmont Plateau with the city view in back of you. While there visit Belmont Mansion, reported
to be a stop on the Underground Railroad.
- Reading Terminal Market to eat an Amish soft pretzel and other Philly favorites.
- Liberty Bell and, while there, see the President’s House memorial.
- In a carriage at Independence Park.
- Along the famous Walk of Fame, where you can check out stars of artists such as Patti Labelle, The Roots, and songwriting legends Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff, who created the sound of Philadelphia producing fabulous artists such as The Ojays, The Intruders, Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes to name a few.
- Take a bite out of a Philly’s famous cheesesteak from one of many food trucks.
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art steps and Rocky statue. (Also take a photo with the real champion, the statue of Smokin’ Joe Frazier, located in front of the XFINITY Live!)
- The rooftop of Warmdaddy’s restaurant. Great place for Southern food and smooth jazz.
Photo Cut Lines:
- Relocated to Dilworth Park during the renovation of JFK Plaza (a.k.a. Love Park), the LOVE sculpture is the perfect icon for the City of Brotherly Love. Credit: Photo by C. Smyth for VISIT PHILADELPHIA®
- Crowds gather for a festival at Penn’s Landing, a Philly summertime tradition like no other. Each year, the warm-weather season includes the PECO Multicultural Series, Smooth Jazz Summer Nights and Sippin’ by the River. Credit: Photo by K. Ciappa for Visit Philadelphia™
- Enjoy cool drinks, lip-smacking soul food and some of the hottest music in the city at Warm Daddy’s Restaurant, located on Columbus Boulevard. Credit: Photo by Warm Daddy’s Restaurant.
The article was originally published at Source link